Wednesday, October 30, 2013

october budget

1. J.Crew Blouse [seen here]: originally $110, on sale for $50
2. The Limited Pants [seen here]: originally $70, with code for $40
3. Madewell sweater: originally $80, on sale for $30
4. J.Crew Tee: originally $62.50, with student discount for $53
5. Forever 21 sweater: $22
6. Forever 21 sweater: $18
7. Gap Herringbone Vest [seen here]: originally $88, with codes for $50
8. Gap Loafers [seen here]: originally $40, with code for $22

+ $25 in altering slimming the knees of this pair of pants and letting down the hem on these

= $310 - $150 clothing sold - $75 gift card = $85

$500 quarterly budget - $120 in August - $200 in September - $135 in October = $95 left over

So this wraps up my first quarterly budget! I think it worked out pretty well, even though I had a little bit to add back into the budget with the sale of my J.Crew vest and a pair of jeans I wasn't wearing, and then a visa gift card I had. In the last three months I have purchased:

5 pairs of pants
5 sweaters
5 tops
3 pairs of shoes
1 necklace + 1 vest

Which isn't terrible I don't think, considering I wear many of these pieces (like the pants and shoes) several times a week. I'm so excited for the vest to FINALLY arrive. I had ordered it when it was first available, but my order was cancelled a week later because they were out of stock...except when I went on the website and they still had most sizes available. I ordered three again, and decided to stick with the Tall Large version as it left a bit more room for layering up. I think my other favorite purchase was the rhinestone top from J.Crew as I want to reach for it just about every other day.

This month for sponsorship, I received this beautiful watch from Daniel Wellington, and this pair of earrings and ring from BaubleBar.

So now we basically start a new quarter for November, December, and January. I need a coat for school as I finally threw away the ratty one I wore the last two years. I'm not sure exactly what I want - I'd love something very Olivia Pope- like, like this beautiful coat, but I'm not sure how really practical that would be. I'd also really like a dark flannel shirt, such as this one or possibly this red version, because ya know, winter!

So that's that! How'd the month of October work out for you? Link up below - please make sure you link back to this post so your readers can find other budgeting bloggers!